It was family picture day and it was an exhausting week trying to figure out what everyone was going to wear so we all matched but not too much! Thankfully our 2 little munchkins were happy and cooperated pretty well this morning. So glad they are done for the season though!
On top of this success I am also excited to share this new recipe with you. Manly has taken up hunting this year and his friend came up to join him in scouting some possible hunting areas… this friend has recently turned to the paleo diet. I don’t have an interest in going completely paleo but I am always interested in trying new things. I decided to make a meal and venture into the unknown… by making cauliflower rice! Scary!
I made lemon chicken and roasted broccoli as well. I wasn’t too impressed with the cauliflower rice and opted to head out for some me time while the guys ate dinner without me… so I didn’t have to awkwardly receive compliments on something that didn’t turn out well. I don’t like feeding things to people I myself do not enjoy. Anyways… after I returned and the friend was gone, my brother suggested roasting the leftovers. This little addition brought my cauliflower rice to a whole new level! It actually tasted a lot like cous cous so I’m calling it both.
Roasted Cauliflower Cous Cous Rice
1 head of cauliflower
1/4 cup onion
1/4 red bell pepper
1 small jalapeno pepper
1 garlic clove
3 eggs, whisked
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Cut up the head of cauliflower into small chunks and put them through the food processor until they are rice like.
2. Food process the onion and garlic together. Squeeze out excess liquid. Set aside.
3. Food process pepper and jalapeno together. Squeeze out excess liquid. Set aside.
4. Heat a large saute pan on medium high. Add 1 tbs. of olive oil and saute onion/ garlic mixture until soft and clear. Add in the peppers and continue to cook.
5. While veggies are cooking use a small saute pan to prepare the eggs. Heat pan to medium low, add olive oil to the pan then add whisked eggs. Scramble eggs into small pieces.
6. Add eggs to veggies and then add in cauliflower.
7. Cook until the cauliflower has a soft texture.
8. Spread cauliflower out on a cookie sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the top and sprinkle with salt pepper. Place on the top rack in your preheated oven and cook until just starting to brown. About 5-10 minutes.
9. Mix up and enjoy this amazingness!