This is a yummy recipe I found and altered a smidge from Sassy Earl Gray because I am counting calories and needed to save a few for later in the day.
Garlic, Herb and Smoked Gouda Egg Pot
1 oz. Shredded Cheese (I used smoked gouda but I think any cheese would work)
1/4 tsp. dried parsley or 3/4 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1 large egg and 1 egg white
2 tbs. half and half
pinch of nutmeg
pinch dried basil or minced fresh basil if you have it
1 garlic clove, minced
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Fill a large oven-proof pan with 1.5 inches deep water and set on the middle rack of your oven.
3. Place half of cheese in bottom of ramekin or oven safe dish, add parsley. Add egg and egg white and top with half and half. Sprinkle nutmeg, and the rest of the cheese. Saute garlic on medium high (I used spray Pam) for about 45 seconds. Spread garlic and basil on the top of mixture.
4. Place oven safe dish in the prepared pan in the oven. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the whites are set and the eggs yolks are just a bit runny. Bake more or less depending on your desired yolk consistency.
5. Sprinkle with a little pepper if you prefer and enjoy!