8 Servings; 178 Calories a Serving
1 head cauliflower
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup parmesan
1-1/2 cups ham ( I used Kirkland sandwich meat)
1/3 cup onion diced
1 cup whole milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1) Preheat oven to 320 degrees. Grease pie pan.
3) Saute the onion and ham on medium high for 3-4 minutes. If you have a non stick pan a little spray of Pam should do the trick without wasting calories on butter or oil when sauteing.
4) Combine the parmesan and cheddar cheese, set aside.
5) Beat milk, eggs and salt in a bowl until smooth.
7) Layer cauliflower with half of the ham-onion mixture and half of the cheese. Finish with another layer of cauliflower (with a little salt and pepper) and the rest of the ham, onions and cheese.
9) Bake for 50-60 minutes, until the top a is nice golden brown.
This recipe can be made with potatoes as well. In place of the cauliflower use 3 large potatoes.