This was a new recipe I have been wanting to try for a while and finally got around to making… only I changed it up a bit since I only had hashbrowns on hand. It was delicious and a nice change from ketchup!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Hashbrowns
(Adapted from Rock Recipes)
- 3 Cups Hashbrowns
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/8 cup butter (not margarine)
- salt and pepper to season
- 3-4 slices bacon ( I used turkey bacon)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish with green onions (optional)
- Cut the bacon into small pieces, cook until crisp.
- Drain off all the fat and set aside.
- Press down on the garlic cloves with the side of a knife to break them up a little. Melt the olive oil, butter and garlic together over medium heat in a small pan for about 10 minutes so the garlic is infused into the oil butter mix.
- Add most of the oil to the skillet and leave the rest in the small pan.Add the hashbrowns to the skillet. Cook until browned and season with salt and pepper to taste. The potatoes should be fully cooked and a little crispy.
- While potatoes are cooking add whipping cream to the small pan with the reserved oil. Let simmer until reduced by about half. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Once hashbrowns are done cooking add the sauce and the bacon. Garnish with green onions if desired.